National Poetry Foundation. Sagetrieb (University of Maine) Records
Scope and Contents
The record group includes manuscripts, typescripts, proofs, and correspondence with authors. Also, includes proofs for the first volume of "The Writing Teacher" publication.
- Publication: 1982-1985
- National Poetry Foundation (U.S.) (Organization)
- University of Maine Press (Organization)
- University of Maine. Department of English (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Sagetrieb was a journal devoted to poets in the Pound-Williams tradition. Vol. 1, no. 1 was published in spring 1982 by the University of Maine in Orono and the last volume was published in 2013/2014. University of Maine English professor Carroll Franklin Terrell was the first editor of the journal.
"The Writing Teacher" publication (1983-1986) was sponsored and published by several English departments of the University of Maine. It was supported in part by the National Poetry Foundation, University of Maine, and in part by a grant from Chancellor Patrick McCarthy.
Language of Materials
Physically the record group is arranged by volume number.
Box numbers have changed:
- Old Box #407 (New Box #1)
- Old Box #408 (New Box #2)
- Old Box #409 (New Box #3)
Accruals of Sagetrieb records are expected as the English Department still holds material related to the journal.
Formerly SpC MS 0446.
Processed by Matthew Revitt, April 2021, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Creeley, Robert, 1926-2005
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Poetry Foundation (U.S.)
- Page proofs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poetry Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972
- Sagetrieb Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Terrell, Carroll Franklin
- The Writing Teacher Subject Source: Local sources
- Typescipts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine. Sagetrieb Records
- Matthew Revitt
- April 9, 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States