Lawrence E. Philbrook Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook containing memorabilia of a college student during the early 20th century. The scrapbook contains photographs, programs, and other items collected during Lawrence E. Philbrook's years as a student on the Orono campus of the University of Maine, from 1912 to 1916. Also includes Beta Theta Pi materials.
- Philbrook, Lawrence E., 1894-1975 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Lawrence Eugene Philbrook, native of Sherburne, N.H., was born in 1894 and died in 1975. He was educated at Gould Academy, Bethel, Maine, and graduated from the University of Maine in 1916. He owned and operated the Philbrook Farm Inn in Shelburne. He married the former Helen Day of Bangor, Maine.
1 linear foot (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Beta Theta Pi. Beta Eta Chapter (University of Maine)
- Memorabilia Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Students -- Social Life and Customs
- University of Maine. Class of 1916
- Guide to the Lawrence E. Philbrook Scrapbook
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library University Archives Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States