Faculty Records (University of Maine). Peck (H. Austin) Records
Identifier: UA RG 0011-005
Scope and Contents
The papers of an educator. Includes course notes, correspondence, office files, materials connected with his Jamaica sabbatical, correspondence with Frank Coffin, and personal effects.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Henry Austin Peck was born in 1921 in Somerville, Mass. and graduated from Tufts College in 1942. He received his master's degree and Ph.D. from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts where he was also named to Phi Beta Kappa. Before joining the University of Maine faculty in 1948 he was an instructor in economics at Tufts and also was director of veterans' housing at that college. In 1961 he was named vice president for academic affairs at the University of Maine. In 1968 he was named president of the State University of New York at Potsdam. He died in Potsdam, N.Y. in 1970.
1 box (Half size box)
Language of Materials
Physically the boxes are arranged by subject. File names and dates were added and material was separated and divided into multiple sub-folders where necessary. Material was rehoused into archival quality storage.
Box numbers have changed:
- Old Box #209 (New Box 1)
- Old Box #210 (New Box 2)
- Old Box #211 (New Boxes 2 & 3)
The processing archivist appraised the records and destroyed duplicate copies of publications.
Accruals of records regarding H. Austin Peck are not anticipated.
Formery SpC MS 0395.
Processed by Matthew Revitt and student worker Julia Haberstick, August 2018, Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department. Processing involved a collection survey and intellectual arrangement into series and the creation of this finding aid. Material was rehoused into appropriate archival folders and the boxes and folders numbered and titled using information from ArchivesSpace.
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Coffin, Frank M. (Frank Morey), 1919-2009
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jamaica Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lecture notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Peck, H. Austin (Henry Austin), 1921-1970
- Universities and colleges -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine. Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- University of Maine. Peck (H. Austin) Records
- Matthew Revitt
- August 31, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.