Knox County Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine.
- Knox County Electric Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Knox County Electric Company was chartered in Maine by Chapter 193 of the Acts of 1891 as the Rockland, Thomaston and Camden Street Railway. Its name was changed to the Knox County Electric Company sometime around 1919. The company was acquired by Central Maine Power Company in 1921.
3 ledgers (23-38 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Knox County Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note