Paul A. Knaut Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection of postcards and calendars illustrated with photos taken by Paul Knaut. Included in the collection is the unpublished manuscripts for a book on light and color and exhibition materials.
- Knaut, Paul A. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Paul Knaut was a photographer beginning in 1938. He started postcard photography in 1948 and did View Master photographs of Maine in 1954. He has taught photography and had numerous exhibitions. His primary interest is scenic photography.
1 linear feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Calendars Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographers -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photography -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Postcards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Stationery Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Paul A. Knaut Papers
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States