Limerick Water and Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are ledgers, a cashbook, journals, and a check and deposit register.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Limerick Water and Electric Company was incorporated in Maine by Chapter 159 of the Acts of 1907, approved March 6, 1907. Original corporators were John F. Moore, Charles G. Moulton, Charles H. Adams, Ira H. Moore, Ralph Clark, and J. Merrill Lord. The company was authorized to furnish water and electricy or gas in the towns of Limerick, Newfield, and Waterboro. The company constructed a dam and hydroelectric power station at a point known as Ledgemere on the Little Ossipee River between Limerick and Waterboro. The company became the Western Maine Power Company in 1916; this company was absorbed by Central Maine Power Company in 1927.
11 ledgers (21-41 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Cashbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Registers (Lists) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vouchers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Limerick Water and Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note