Hiram Water, Light and Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records a local electric and water utility in Maine. Included are a ledger and a journal and voucher record for the years 1915 to 1917.
- Hiram Water, Light and Power Company (Limerick, Me.) (Organization)
- Western Maine Power Company (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Hiram Water, Light and Power Company, located in Limerick, Maine, was incorporated by Chapter 184 of the Acts of 1909, approved March 16, 1909. The original corporators were E.W. Boswrth, Charles E. Wilson, Albert F. Berry, L.E. Kendall, and J. Merrill Lord. Its purpose was to furnish water and make, generate, and supply gas or electricity or both in the towns of Hiram and Baldwin. It was consolidated with the Western Maine Power Company in 1917. Western Maine Power became part of Central Maine Power Company in 1927.
2 ledgers (33 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial statements Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vouchers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Water utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Hiram Water, Light and Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note