Fryeburg Electric Light Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Identifier: SpC MS 0193
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are ledgers, cashbooks, and a voucher register covering the years 1903 to 1927.
- Fryeburg Electric Light Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The organization of the Fryeburg Electric Light Company in Maine was ratified and confirmed by Chapter 177 of the Acts of 1903, approved March 17, 1903. This act gave the company permission to sell gas and electricity within the town of Fryeburg provided it purchased the already existing electrical plant operating within the town. The company was acquired by Central Maine Power Company in 1927.
13 ledgers (25-35 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Cashbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vouchers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Fryeburg Electric Light Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note