Fairfield Junction Mills and Water Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Identifier: SpC MS 0172
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a company owning mills and water power rights in Fairfield, Maine.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Fairfield Junction Mills and Water Power Company was incorporated in 1854 by Chapter 340 of the Acts of Maine, approved on April 14, 1854. The corporators were William Connor, Ezra Totman, Nahum Totman, Oliver Bragdon, Samuel Taylor, Jr., Henry C. Newhall, Samuel Judkins, and John Bradbury. Its purpose was to keep in repair and rebuild the dams of Kendall's Mills on the Kennebec River in the town of Fairfield. It was also to regulate the water from the river used for manufacturing. The company's office was in Waterville and it was acquired by Central Maine Power Company in 1911.
3 ledgers (26-35 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Central Maine Power Company (Organization)
- Guide to the Fairfield Junction Mills and Water Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note