Freeman's National Bank of Augusta Records
Identifier: SpC MS 0190
Scope and Contents
The director's records from 1858 to 1885 and the stockholders records from 1864 to 1885. The records are contained in three volumes and describe the activities of the Bank's Board of Directors and the proceedings of the annual stockholders meetings.
- Freeman's National Bank of Augusta (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Freeman's Bank was chartered March 2, 1833 in Augusta, Maine. The Bank was reorganized in 1864 as the Freeman's National Bank. In 1884, the charter expired, and in January of 1885 closed operation.
1 linear foot (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Freeman's National Bank of Augusta Records
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note