Foster Drug Company Records
Scope and Contents
Business records of a drugstore, including canceled checks, receipts, and invoices giving a look at the day to day operations of this type of business.
- Foster Drug Company (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Foster Drug Company was a retail drugstore in Oakland, Maine in business before 1932. Proprietor Samuel J. Foster died in 1935. Ralph M. Stowell was conservator after that date. The Foster Drug Company went out of business after 1945.
6 linear feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Checks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Drugstores -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Invoices Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Receipts (Financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Foster Drug Company Records
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note