Gertrud E. Ebbeson Papers
Identifier: SpC MS 0157
Scope and Contents
The papers include shop drawings, blueprints, correspondence, and minutes of professional organizations.
- Ebbeson, Gertrud E., 1909-1988 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Gertrud Ebbeson was the first licensed woman architect in Maine. She was born in Bangor in 1909 and graduated from Bangor High School in 1927 and from MIT in Cambridge, Mass. in 1933. She was employed by the architectural firm of Crowell & Lancaster in Bangor. After World War II she became a partner in the firm of Webster, Ebbeson, Baldwin and Day. She died in Bangor in 1988.
45 linear feet (38 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Architecture -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Blueprints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Crowell & Lancaster (Bangor, Me.)
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shop drawings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Webster, Ebbeson, Baldwin and Day (Bangor, Me.)
- Women architects -- Maine -- Bangor Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Gertrud E. Ebbeson Papers
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note