Cumberland County Power & Light Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Identifier: SpC MS 0120
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are ledgers, journals, and registers.
- Cumberland County Power and Light Company (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Located in Portland, Maine, the Cumberland County Power & Light Company was incorporated by Chapter 256 of the Acts of 1907, approved March 14, 1907. Newell T. Fogg, Thomas Leigh, George A. Goodwin, C.E. Mitchell, and Scott Wilson were the original corporators. The company was authorized to sell electricity in York County except in the town of Sanford and in Cumberland County except in the town of Bridgton. The company was acquired by the Central Maine Power Company in 1942, adding 37 communities to Central Maine Power's service area. Also included were gas customers in Biddeford and Saco and the buses operating in Portland, Westbrook, and South Portland.
41 ledgers (23-40 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Cumberland County Power & Light Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note