Casco Bay Light & Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Identifier: SpC MS 0087
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric and water utility in Maine.
- Casco Bay Light & Power Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Formed as the Peaks Island Corporation, this company provided electric power and water on Peaks Island, Maine, from 1922 to 1927. In 1927 it became the Casco Bay Light & Water Company, and in 1941 its name changed to the Casco Bay Light & Power Company. It was acquired by the Central Maine Power Company in 1965.
7 ledgers (37 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Peaks Island Corporation (Me.)
- Water utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Casco Bay Light & Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note