Cary Family Papers
Identifier: SpC MS 0085
Scope and Contents
A collection of letters and diaries of a family during the mid-19th century. Includes diaries and letters of two brothers who fought with the 5th Maine Infantry during the Civil War. The family members were farmers from Topsham.
- Cary family (Family)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Cary Family was from Topsham, Maine. The four children were Henry, Seth, George, and Priscilla.
2 linear feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Family life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Cary Family Papers
- Box And Folder List Available
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.