Boston Edison Company Units of Property Manual
Identifier: SpC MS 0065
Scope and Contents
A manual listing the units of property for the Boston Edison Company. "The property units provide a medium for the detailed reporting of additions to plant, transfers within the plant framework, and retirements from the plant."
- Boston Edison Company (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Boston's first central station for the production of electricity began its operations in February 1886 under the corporate name of The Edison Electric Illuminating Company of Boston. Fifty years later its name was changed to the Boston Edison Company. The president of the Boston Edison Company in 1949 was James V. Toner.
1 ledger (29 cm.)
Language of Materials
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Guide to the Boston Edison Company Units of Property Manual
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note