Black Stream Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are a cashbook, a ledger, and journals covering the years 1920 to 1927.
- Creation: 1920-1927
- Black Stream Electric Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Black Stream Electric Company was authorized by the Maine General Laws to generate and distribute electricity and gas and to distribute water to the towns of Carmel, Hermon, Etna and Levant. It was absorbed by Central Maine Power Company in 1927.
4 ledgers (25-35 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Black Stream Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note