Bath Gas & Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine from 1890 to 1898.
- Bath Gas & Electric Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Bath Electric Light and Power Company was organized in Maine in 1887 and entered into a contract with the city of Bath shortly thereafter to supply lighting for a number of street lights. F.A. Sawyer was president of the company and Fritz H. Twitchell was treasurer. In 1890 it acquired the property of the Bath Gas Light Company and was reorganized as Bath Gas & Electric Company. Bath Gas & Electric became part of Sagadahoc Light & Power Company in 1900. This company became part of Bath & Brunwsick Light & Power Company in 1910. Bath & Brunswick became part of Central Maine Power Company in 1920.
2 ledgers (35 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Central Maine Power Company (Organization)
- Guide to the Bath Gas & Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States