Parley A. Bailey Correspondence
Scope and Contents
Collection contains letters written by Bailey to his wife Judith, Judith Bailey's letters to her husband and a few letters written by Bailey's daughter Mary to him while he was serving in the Civil War. Also contains one letter written by Mary to her uncle Montraville Bailey in 1865.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Parley A. Bailey (1822-1904) of Gilman's Corner, South Sangerville, Maine, was a private in the 8th Maine Infantry Regiment and served from 1864-1865. He was married to Judith Betsy Gilman Bailey.
1 box (9 folders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Effie M. Bailey in Oct. 1973.
- Bailey, Montraville
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sangerville (Me. : Town) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1866)
- Guide to the Parley A. Bailey Correspondence
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note