Harold A. Davis Papers
Scope and Contents
Notes and manuscripts of writings by Harold A. Davis on Maine history. Included are notes and rough drafts for some of his articles.
- Davis, Harold A. (Person)
Information on literary rights available in the library.
Harold A. Davis was born in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. He spent most of his life in Calais, Maine where he graduated from Calais Academy in 1928. Davis earned a B.A. from the University of Maine in 1934, an M.A. in History from Columbia in 1937 and a PhD. from Columbia in 1950. He taught history at the University of Maine from 1941 to 1942, then held a Fellowship at Columbia, taught history and was chairman of the History Department at Bradford Junior College in Bradford, Massachusetts after 1944. Harold Davis passed away in 1968.
2 linear feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by Mrs. Alice Davis in 1968.
- Articles Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Calais (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maine -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notebooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Harold A. Davis Papers
- Box And Folder List Available
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.