Garry Davis Papers
Scope and Content Note
Papers relating to Davis's advocacy of world government and world citizenship, especially his activities as coordinator of World Government of World Citizens and its administrative arm, World Service Authority. Includes selected speeches, press clippings, copies of the organization's newsletter World Citizen News, and books written by Davis.
- Davis, Garry, 1921-2013 (Person)
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Davis, a peace activist and author, was born in 1921 in Bar Harbor, Maine, the son of Meyer and Hilda Davis. In 1948 he renounced his American citizenship to become a citizen of the world. He founded the World Service Authority and ran for political office as a candidate of the World Citizen Party.
0.5 cubic feet (1 box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Garry Davis in 2000.
- International organization Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Internationalism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Peace Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World Government of World Citizens
- World Service Authority
- World citizenship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Garry Davis Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note