Daphne Winslow Merrill Scrapbook
Identifier: SpC MS 1608
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Daphne Winslow while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and student life. Of interest within the scrapbook are items documenting residents of Balentine Hall, a campus dormitory, as well as materials concerning Winslow's membership in Phi Mu, All Maine Women and other campus organizations.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
Daphne Winslow Merrill, the daughter of Wilder C. Winslow and Grace Lothrop Winslow, was born in Rockland, Maine, on March 4, 1904. She attended the University of Maine, the University of New Hampshire and Middlebury College. She was a teacher for over 50 years in various secondary schools and retired as an associate professor of English at the University of Maine. She was also an author and poet. She died on April 8, 1998.
1 volume (32 x 43 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Dormitories -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Merrill, Daphne Winslow
- Phi Mu Fraternity -- History
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Societies, etc.
- University of Maine -- Students
- University of Maine. All Maine Women -- History
- Women college students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Daphne Winslow Merrill Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note