Chester Hamlin Goldsmith Scrapbook
Identifier: SpC MS 1617
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Goldsmith while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and fraternity life. Items of interest within the scrapbook include photographs of the Sigma Chi house on the campus as well as photos and postcards of scenes in Orono and Old Town, Maine.
- Goldsmith, Chester Hamlin (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Chester Goldsmith was born on June 26, 1892 in Beverly, Mass. A member of the class of 1915 at the University of Maine, he majored in chemistry. He served in World War I and then worked from 1919-1945 for the Brown Company, Berlin, N.H. Goldsmith died on Jan. 23, 1948.
1 volume (32 x 39 cm.)
Language of Materials
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- College students -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Old Town (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orono (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sigma Chi Fraternity. Rho Rho Chapter (University of Maine)
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Students
- Guide to the Chester Hamlin Goldsmith Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note