Robert C. Hamlet Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
Scrapbooks of programs from plays, concerts, operas, etc. performed in Portland, Maine, Boston, and New York as well as in London, Paris, Berlin and other European cities. The scrapbooks also contain clippings about the performances and performers.
- Hamlet, Robert C. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
Robert C. Hamlet, a native of Bowdoinham, Maine, was a member of the class of 1925 at the University of Maine and president of Maine Masque, the student theatrical organization. After his graduation he studied abroad at the Alliance Francaise and other places. Hamlet died in Switzerland in 1930. He left a bequest to the university to provide an annual prize for the best original play written by a student during each award year.
3 Volumes (30 cm.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Robert C. Hamlet.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Concert programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Opera programs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Theater programs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- Guide to the Robert C. Hamlet Scrapbooks
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States