Seth Pinkham Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains photographs and memorabilia from Kents Hill School especially items regarding the centennial in 1929 of the Calliopean Society, a literary society at the school. Also found in the collection is a scrapbook maintained by Pinkham while a student at the University of Maine and photographs and other material documenting his years at the university including pictures and awards from his time on the track team, pictures of activities of Theta Chi fraternity, and a membership certificate from the Sophomore Owls.
- Creation: 1915-1929
- Pinkham, Seth, 1898-1987 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Seth Henry Pinkham was born in 1898. He was a 1917 graduate of Kents Hill School in Readfield, Maine, and a 1922 graduate of the University of Maine. He was a resident of Cape Porpoise, Maine, and died in 1987.
1 box (3 folders)
Language of Materials
- Kents Hill School -- Alumni and alumnae (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae (Organization)
- University of Maine -- History (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Students (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Track and field (Organization)
- Theta Chi. Gamma Chapter (University of Maine) (Organization)
- Guide to the Seth Pinkham Papers
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note