Baxter State Park Land Conveyances and Restrictions
Scope and Contents
Copies of documents assembled by an unknown compiler detailing the laws and restrictions covering Baxter State Park in Maine. Includes a timeline for the establishment of the park, communications from Percival P. Baxter, and a list of deeds of gift for the park.
- after 1931
- Baxter, Percival Proctor, 1876-1969 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Percival P. Baxter, a former governor of Maine, gave much of the land that is included in Baxter State Park in Maine. Starting with an initial gift in 1931 and continuing until 1962, Baxter gave 28 separate gifts to be held in trust to the people of Maine. With each gift, Baxter also attached communications to guide the trustees in the management of the park.
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Baxter State Park (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Baxter State Park Land Conveyances and Restrictions
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States