Ralph S. Bartlett Travel Diary
Scope and Contents
A diary used by Bartlett to record his travels in Europe, Canada, and South America as well as in Maine and Massachusetts. The volume records nine different trips taken in 1912, 1913, 1916, 1917, 1918, 1920, 1921, 1923 and 1924.
- Bartlett, Ralph S. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Ralph S. Bartlett, born in 1868 in Eliot, Maine, was an attorney who graduated from Dartmouth College in 1889 and from Boston University in 1892. He died in 1960.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from M. Benjamin Katz, Fine Books/Manuscripts, Toronto, ON in June 2006.
On title page: Dec. 9, 1911, S.S. Franconia.
The user may also want to consult the Ralph S. Bartlett Travel Film Collection, SpC MS 0038.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Bartlett, Ralph S. -- Travel
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ocean travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Voyages and travels Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Ralph S. Bartlett Travel Diary
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States