William C. Chapman Diary
Identifier: SpC MS 1438-sc
Scope and Contents
A diary kept by William Chapman from January-May, 1926, while a student at the University of Maine. In it he details his daily activities both as a student and as a member of Alpha Tau Omega. There are frequent references to Ruth Hastings, a student at Bates College who later became his wife.
- Chapman, William C. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
William C. Chapman was born in Portland, Maine, on April 3, 1907, the son of Granville and Jessie Sproat Chapman. He was a member of the class of 1929 at the University of Maine and a member of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. He was married to Ruth Hastings Chapman and resided in Bethel, Maine, where he was a breeder of shorthorn cattle. William Chapman died on Oct. 26, 1974.
Language of Materials
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Alpha Tau Omega. Beta Upsilon Chapter (University of Maine) -- History
- Chapman, Ruth Hastings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- University of Maine -- History
- University of Maine -- Students
- Guide to the William C. Chapman Diary
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note