Nelson J. Budway Correspondence
Identifier: SpC MS 1405-sc
Scope and Contents
Incoming and outgoing personal and business correspondence of Nelson J. Budway. Much of the business correspondence, dating from 1926, is with Frank B. Kimball, superintendent at the Carrabassett, Maine, mill of Lawrence Plywood Corp., manufacturers of plywood box shooks with offices in Boston and Fall River, Mass. The letters concern Budway's possible employment at the mill as well as containing comments about the company in general. Most of the personal correspondence concerns a fund-raising campaign for a new Catholic high school in Bangor.
- Budway, Nelson J. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Nelson J. Budway was a resident of Bangor, Maine. He was an accountant and bookkeeper and worked for a time for I.M. Pierce & Company of Bangor, a company dealing in lumber, timberlands and pulpwood.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Dana Mckinney, Ellsworth, Me. in May 2004.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Bangor (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Box making -- Maine -- Carrabassett Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carrabassett (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carrabassett (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic high schools -- Maine -- Bangor Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrence Plywood Corp.
- Guide to the Nelson J. Budway Correspondence
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note