Joseph Campbell Ledger
Scope and Contents
A volume used by various members of the Campbell family of Boothbay, Maine, to records goods sold and work done for various individuals. Entries from various dates are interspersed throughout the volume. The earliest entries date from 1797 and document sales of items such as tea, sugar, rum, and molasses as well as provision of wood, masts and timber. Beginning in the 1830s, most entries record work done, including hauling brick, boards, lime or wood or days spent fishing, planting, plowing and working on roads. The names Joseph and James Campbell are mentioned throughout the volume.
- Campbell, Joseph (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Language of Materials
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Boothbay (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Boothbay (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Casual labor -- Maine -- Boothbay Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fishing -- Maine -- Boothbay Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Seasonal labor -- Maine -- Boothbay Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Joseph Campbell Ledger
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States