Account Book (1806-1840)
Scope and Contents
Pages from an account book of an unidentified person recording items purchased and work done. The name Alexander P. Thompson of Sebec, Maine, is frequently mentioned in the text, which includes a loan agreement for $1,000 between Thompson and Benjamin Bunker of Blue Hill, Maine, as well as a list of guarantees to Thompson's widow dated 1831. Items purchased include corn, rye, potatoes, apples, cider, etc. Payment is recorded for work such as hauling goods, working on roads, haying, use of oxen, etc.
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased in April 2007.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Casual labor -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farm produce -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sebec (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thompson, Alexander P.
- Guide to the Account Book (1806-1840)
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States