Seaman's Time-Book for Schooner NELLIE F.
Scope and Contents
A Seaman's Time-Book for the coasting schooner, NELLIE F. (operated from Machias, Maine) for the years 1876-1885, containing a record of employees, their positions, and their dates of work. After May of 1875, all coasting vessels were required to pay hospital dues for each seaman employed. Dues were paid at the Custom House, in this case, in Machias, Maine.
- Huntley, Urban, 1824-1893 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions.
Schooner NELLIE F. was built in 1873 at East Machias, Maine by master carpenter William H. Knight. She entered the coasting trade under partial owner and master, Urban Huntley.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Dan Casavant, of Waterville, Maine.
- Coasters (Ships) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Machias (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nellie F. (Schooner)
- Seafaring life -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Time books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Collector of Customs (Machias, Me.)
- Guide to the Seaman's Time-Book for Schooner NELLIE F.
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Elizabeth Russell
- June 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.