Uriah Briery Daybook
Scope and Contents
Daybook of Uriah R. Briery, of Gardiner, Maine dating from 1851-1857. Briery was a shoemaker and while early entries are for orders, later entries include payments for shoes including food, tobacco, wood, and labor. The entries also include notes about renters and the rates charged per year.
- Briery, Uriah R., 1823-1896 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on acceess.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.
Uriah Briery was born in 1823 to Thomas and Nancy in Gardiner, Maine. He married Rachel Goodwin and together they had 14 children. He worked as a shoemaker and also appeared to own some farmland. He passed away in 1896. (compiled from https://www.ancestrylibrary.com; accessed 6/1/2022)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Uriah Briery Daybook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Elizabeth Russell
- June 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.