G. W. Perry Diary
Diary of G. W. Perry, of Camden, Maine. The entries run from January 1, 1910 to February 3, 1910. Discusses daily activities including school and chores, and also notes the weather.
- January 1, 1910-February 3, 1910
- Perry, G. W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.
Thought to be George Waterhouse Perry of Camden, Maine. Perry was born in 1891, the youngest child of Wilder and Mary Perry. He graduated from Camden High School in the class of 1910. He served in World War I as a second lieutenant, earning a citation for gallantry in action, later becoming a missionary in Turkey. He passed away in 1976. (compiled from https://www.ancestrylibrary.com and https://knox.villagesoup.com; accessed 6/1/2022)
Language of Materials
- Camden (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Missionaries -- Turkey -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the G. W. Perry Diary
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Elizabeth Russell
- May 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States