Warren Fish Company Daybooks
Daybooks for the Warren Fish Company in Five Islands, Maine, wholesaler dealers in salted, pickled, and smoked fish. Details 1913 type and amount of fish caught by various vessels. Fish include cod, halibut, hake, pollock, salmon, butterfish, and sea trout.
- Warren Fish Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.
The Warren Fish Compay was a wholesale supplier to the many guesthouses and clubs in the Five Islands area. Accounts run mostly through the spring and summer and are made out to such firms as “The Otter Cliff House” or “Hotel Lawnmere.” These books also contain accounts with named individuals, possibly buyers for other establishments. At the beginning of the first book are records of payment for expenses and work performed by Edgar Warren and J.S. Ballou. These are such tasks as “rigging” and “repairs on engine.” (compiled from https://tenpound.com/186/51.html; accessed 5/31/2022).
3 Volumes (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Five Islands (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pickled fish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Salted fish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smoked fish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wholesale trade -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Warren Fish Company Daybooks
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Elizabeth Russell
- May 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States