Frank Taylor Photograph Collection
Primarily bridge constructions sites showing the progress of construction of bridges around Maine in the 1930s. Several photographs include company owners and construction crews, including two of an underwater diver. There are also a few photographs of bridge sites in Canada and New Jersey, and photographs of family, college friends, Maine scenery.
- Taylor, Frank (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Selected digital access is available in the Selected Digital Content series [and/or] directly through Digital Commons (https://digitalcommons.library.umaine.edu/spec_photos/)
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions on publication. For information about the process and fees for obtaining higher resolution scans or another file format, contact Special Collections.
196 photographs (approximately 196 photographs)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Carol Toner (note : these photos were given to Carol by Frank Taylor in the 1980s. Frank was a professor of civil engineering at the University of Maine.)
- Bridges -- Design and construction -- Canada -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bridges -- Design and construction -- Maine -- Photograhs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bridges -- Design and construction -- New Jersey -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Construction industry -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frank Taylor Photograph Collection
- Digital Objects Available
- Staff of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
- August 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.