Lewellyn C. Daigle Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled and annotated by Daigle describing his activities during World War II. The scrapbook contains photographs of fellow soldiers as well as of places Daigle was stationed during the war. The collection also contains two books: "God is my co-pilot" by Robert L. Scott and "Born in battle" by Rowan T. Thomas. The latter book contains a dedication to Daigle from Capt. Thomas.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Lewellyn C. Daigle, a native of Fort Kent, Maine, graduated from the University of Maine in 1939. While at the university he was a member of Sigma Nu fraternity and was active in athletics and in musical organizations. He was a member of the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II, serving in the Pacific and the Middle East. He was the recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal. Daigle was killed on May 11, 1955, in a plane crash in Utah. He was chief of the procurement division at Hill Air Force Base in Ogden, Utah at the time of his death.
1 volume (29 cm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Carolyn C. Graham, Sacramento, Calif. in April 2001.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Daigle, Lewellyn C.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army Air Forces
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Lewellyn C. Daigle Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States