Belfast, Maine Town Records
Scope and Contents
A collection of town records of Belfast, Maine, consisting primarily of bills submitted to the town for payment by the town treasurer. The bills date from 1842 to 1921 but are mostly from 1872-1877. The collection also contains various blank forms, some for use by the town, as well as miscellaneous documents unrelated to the town, and a manuscript copy of a journal entitled The Evening Visitor, that was written in Belfast and supported the temperance cause.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
1 box (8 folders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Bess Cutler Galleries, York Beach, Me. in December 2000.
- Belfast (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Belfast (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Municipal government records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Temperance -- Maine -- Belfast Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Belfast, Maine Town Records
- Box And Folder List Available
- Staff of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Department.
- April 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.