Atwoods & Company Records
Identifier: SpC MS 1130
Scope and Contents
The collection contains financial records of the company including daybooks from 1869-1870 and ledgers from 1869-1871 as well as a volume recording company sales information, 1869-1871. Sales were to customers in such places as Paris, South Paris, Harrison, and Bethel, Maine. The collection also includes invoices to Atwoods & Co. for merchandise purchased from 1869-1871. Also found in the collection are programs for commencement exercises at Hebron Academy, Hebron, Maine, for 1891, 1895, and 1898, as well as miscellaneous unidentified invoices, etc.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Atwoods & Company were manufacturers and dealers in flour located in Portland, Maine. The company letterhead indicates that it was a successor to Atwoods, Buck & Co., which had offices in Buckfield, Maine, and in Minneapolis.
0.5 linear feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift from Bob Foote in August 1982.
- Atwoods & Company
- Atwoods, Buck & Co.
- Buckfield (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Buckfield (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flour industry -- Maine -- Buckfield Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flour industry -- Maine -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hebron Academy
- Invoices Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portland (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portland (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Atwoods & Company Records
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note