Quoddy Regional Project Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes a scrapbook, training volumes, a folder of library reports and correspondence, and loose photo album pages related to the Quoddy Regional Project, a National Youth Administration program in the 1940s, designed as an experiment in youth rehabilitation.
Conditions Governing Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher.
The National Youth Administration (NYA) was a New Deal agency sponsored by the Presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt in the United States that focused on providing work and education for Americans between the ages of 16 and 25.
Quoddy, Maine was chosen for it's location and proximity to resources. 250 youths were chosen to be a part of the first group for this project. It grew exponentially over time until it reached 500 youths.
It operated from June 26, 1935 to 1939 as part of the Works Progress Administration (WPA). Following the passage of the Reorganization Act of 1939, the NYA was transferred from the WPA to the Federal Security Agency. In 1942, the NYA was transferred to the War Manpower Commission (WMC). The NYA was dissolved in 1943.
Language of Materials
Material related to the Quoddy Regional Project, a National Youth Administration program in the 1930s and 1940s designed to provide training and resources to unemployed youth.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Jo Anne Boorkman of Davis, CA on September 7, 2015.
- Bibliographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Instructional and educations works Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Quoddy (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Quoddy Regional Project Papers
- Box And Folder List Available
- Elizabeth Russell
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States