State of Maine Teacher's School Registers
Scope and Contents
Teacher's school registers for Mattawamkeag, Maine. Includes school district, teacher(s), school information as well as information on wages, room and board costs, and number of visits by school committee members or citizens. Also records a list of students, their ages, and their attendance records. Collection also includes school agent's census returns that recorded the students in the district between ages four and twenty-one and school agent's fiscal returns that detail expenditures in the district, including wage information for teachers.
- Maine. Legislature (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in Library.
Language of Materials
Registers are arranged by district, and then chronologically. School agent's census returns and fiscal returnas are arranged chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased on eBay, September 2015.
No finding aid available - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Mattawamkeag (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School district records Subject Source: Local sources
- Student records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teachers -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wages -- Teachers -- Maine -- Mattawamkeag Subject Source: Local sources
- Guide to the State of Maine Teacher's School Registers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Elizabeth Russell
- April 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States