Fort Allen Clan Records
Identifier: SpC MS 1765-sc
Scope and Contents
Records of a ladies study club in Portland, Maine, 1899-1908. Also includes a copy of their bylaws and constitution that specifies their object as "the promotion of social feeling among its members and their improvement in literature, politics, and art."
- Fort Allen Clan (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased on eBay, October 2015.
- Bylaws Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Constitutions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minute books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portland (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Fort Allen Clan Records
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Elizabeth Russell
- April 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note