Frank T. Siebert Penobscot Indian Notes and Genealogy
Scope and Contents
Notes by Frank T. Siebert. "Grandmother's Heads of Families," a photocopy of original manuscript that describes the roles and powers of the grandmother within the tribe and family. "Penobscot Family Genealogy" is also a photocopy of original index cards and notes detailing the genealogy of several Penobscot Indian families.
- Creation: Undated
- Siebert, Frank T. (Frank Thomas), 1912-1998 (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Information on literary rights available in repository.
Frank T. Siebert was a pathologist, self-taught linguist and collector of books on North American Indians and the American frontier. He was dedicated to preserving the Penobscot language and was the compiler of a Penobscot dictionary.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Micah Pawling on April 13, 2017. Photocopies of originals that no longer exist from Pauline Mitchell.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Guide to the Frank T. Siebert Penobscot Indian Notes and Genealogy
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Elizabeth Russell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note