Maine State Subordinate, Juvenile, and Pomona Grange Records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of records of individual subordinate and juvenile chapters of the Grange in Maine. Included are secretarys' books, dues books, roll books, and account books.
- Maine State Grange (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The first Grange in Maine was the Eastern Star #1 in Hampden organized October 20, 1873. The Maine State Grange was organized in 1874. It was a fraternal order whose purpose was the intellectual, social, and financial improvement of the farmer and his family.
Language of Materials
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Agriculture -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmers -- Maine -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Maine State Subordinate, Juvenile, and Pomona Grange Records
- Box And Folder List Available
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.