Paul W. Bean Civil War Papers
Scope and Contents
Civil War correspondence of Frank L. Lemont (Company E, 5th Maine Regiment); letters of Charles Warner (145th New York Volunteers); diaries of John B. Bailey, Ezekiel Ellis, Edwin M. Truell and George Washington Verrill.; record books of the 23d Maine Regiment; and prints, photographss and scrapbooks.
- circa 1860-1864
- Bean, Paul W. (Collector, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
Paul W. Bean (1914-1971), graduate of the University of Maine in 1935, was a collector of books and documents relating to the Civil War.
5 linear feet (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Paul W. Bean in 1972.
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Bailey, John B.
- Chase, M. D.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ellis, Ezekiel
- Lemont, Frank L.
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- Maine -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Truell, Edwin M.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). Company E
- United States. Army. New York Volunteers, 145th
- Verrill, George W., -1864
- Warner, Charles
- Guide to the Paul W. Bean Civil War Papers
- Digital Objects Available
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.