Paul W. Bean Civil War Papers
Scope and Contents
Civil War correspondence of Frank L. Lemont (Company E, 5th Maine Regiment); letters of Charles Warner (145th New York Volunteers); diaries of John B. Bailey, Ezekiel Ellis, Edwin M. Truell and George Washington Verrill.; record books of the 23d Maine Regiment; and prints, photographss and scrapbooks.
- Creation: circa 1860-1864
- Bean, Paul W. (Collector, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the Library.
Paul W. Bean (1914-1971), graduate of the University of Maine in 1935, was a collector of books and documents relating to the Civil War.
5 linear feet (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
Contains Civil War correspondence of Frank L. Lemont (Company E, 5th Maine Regiment); letters of Charles Warner (145th New York Volunteers); diaries of John B. Bailey, Ezekiel Ellis, Edwin M. Truell and George Washington Verrill. Also contains record books.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Paul W. Bean in 1972.
Selected material from this collection have been digitized and transcribed. They can be found online at http://digitalcommons.library.umaine.edu/paul_bean_papers/
- Lemont, Frank L. (Person)
- Warner, Charles (Person)
- Bailey, John B. (Person)
- Chase, M. D. (Person)
- Ellis, Ezekiel (Person)
- Truell, Edwin M. (Person)
- Verrill, George W., -1864 (Person)
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). Company E (Organization)
- United States. Army. New York Volunteers, 145th (Organization)
- Guide to the Paul W. Bean Civil War Papers
- Digital Objects Available
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.