Richard O. Conant Financial Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal financial papers of a wholesale grocer in Portland, Maine. Included in the account book are financial records of the Royal River Paper Company from 1868 to 1870, a list of cattle from 1877 to 1892, store and house accounts, Cumberland farm accounts, lists of property, bonds and stocks owned by Richard O. Conant, a list of heirs of R. Odell 1872-1884, an inventory of the Odell estate, financial records of the Maine Corn Husking Machine Company, inventory of estate of Alvah Conant, financial records of George D. Conant, inventory of estate of F. Odell, a copy of the will and an inventory of the estate of Richard O. Conant, and financial accounts of Presumpscot Park in Portland in account with Fred O. Conant.
- Conant, Richard Odell, 1828-1894 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Restrictions on Use
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Richard Odell Conant was born in Alfred, Maine in 1828 and died in Portland, Maine in 1894. He was a wholesale grocer in Portland in partnership with his father Alvah, and later with Daniel H. Patrick as Conant, Patrick & Co. He was treasurer for the Royal River Paper Company in 1869 and 1870. He also owned a farm in Cumberland, Maine.
Fred Odell Conant was the son of Richard Odell and Emma L. Conant. He was born in Portland, Maine in 1857 and took over his father's business after his death.
1 folder (1 item ; 35 cm)
Language of Materials
Personal financial papers of a wholesale grocer in Portland, Maine.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Dan Casavant Rare Books, Waterville, Maine in October 2000.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Conant family
- Conant, Frederick Odell, 1857-
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- O'Dell family
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Presumpscot Park (Portland, Me.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Royal River Paper Company
- Guide to the Richard O. Conant Financial Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States