Henry B. Butler Civil War Letters
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of typescript of the letters of a Civil War soldier. They were written to his wife Mary, in Castine, Maine, from August 17, 1862 to February 25, 1865. Included also is a letter from Chaplain Geo. A. Seakin informing Mary of her husband's death and describing his burial. Included also is a letter from Lois Moore Cyr dated Sept. 1989 giving a history of the letters and of the farm where Henry B. Butler lived.
- Creation: 1862-1989
- Creation: Majority of material found within August 17, 1862-March 13, 1865
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Restrictions on Use
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Henry B. Butler was a Civil War soldier from Castine, Maine. He died in March of 1865 from a wound received in battle. He was in the Sixteenth Maine Regiment, Company K.
1 folder (2 items)
Language of Materials
Photocopies of typescript of the letters of a Civil War soldier.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Butler, Mary (Person)
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 16th (1862-1865) (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Guide to the Henry B. Butler Civil War Letters
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note