Samuel Farnsworth Papers
Scope and Contents
Papers of a sea captain. Included are receipts and records of the schooner Canary, 2 photographs of the Farnsworth home in South Waldoboro as it appeared in 1941 and 1942, and 3 ledgers of accounts for the schooner Canary and the schooner D.B. Barnard.
- Creation: 1830-1942
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1830-1863
- Farnsworth, Samuel (Person)
Restrictions on Access
No restrictions on access.
Restrictions on Use
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Samuel Farnsworth, a resident of Waldoboro, Maine, was a captain of the schooners Canary and D.B. Barnard.
The Canary was a schooner built in Waldoboro, Maine, in 1847.
The D. B. Barnard, also a schooner built in Waldoboro, Maine, was built in 1852.
2 Folders (25 items ; 2 photographs ; 3 ledgers ; 21 cm)
Language of Materials
Papers of a sea captain.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Guide to the Samuel Farnsworth Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note