Charles Henry Fernald Geology Lectures
Identifier: SpC MS 1677-sc
Scope and Contents Note
Includes Fernald's lecture notes in mineralogy, spring term, 1885; lecture notes on geology; and copies of lectures in geology by Prof. Rice, Wesleyan University, 1886.
- Fernald, Charles Henry, 1838-1921 (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Charles Henry Fernald was a professor of natural history, 1871-1886, at the Maine State College (now the University of Maine). After his retirement, he also served as a professor at the Massachusetts Agricultural College (now the University of Massachusetts), Amherst, Mass.
William North Rice was a geologist and professor of geology at Wesleyan University, 1868-1918.
1 volume (20 cm)
Language of Materials
Includes Fernald's lecture notes in mineralogy and geology and copies of lectures in geology by Professor William North Rice, Wesleyan University, 1886.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Helen E. Fernald.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Geology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lecture notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lectures and lecturing -- Connecticut -- Middletown Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lectures and lecturing -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mineralogy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rice, William North, 1845-1928
- State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (Maine) -- Faculty
- Wesleyan University (Middletown, Conn.) -- Faculty
- Guide to the Charles Henry Fernald Geology Lectures
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note