Frank Harvey Bowerman Papers
Scope and Contents
A small collection of personal papers of Frank H. Bowerman. Contains two photograph albums of University of Maine campus scenes and student activities, especially of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity. Also includes a letter, 1904, to Bowerman from James Stacy Stevens concerning Bowerman's engagement to Geneva Hamilton; other correspondence, 1947, to Bowerman concerning his support of the fund to build the Memorial Union on campus; and an obituary of Bowerman and letters of condolence to Bowerman's children upon his death in 1951.
- Bowerman, Frank Harvey (Person)
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage building. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Frank Harvey Bowerman was born in Victor, New York, March 26, 1878. He graduated with a degree in civil engineering from the University of Maine in 1900 where he was a member of Beta Theta Pi fraternity. He was an engineer and contractor in Rhode Island for 40 years and was active in civic affairs and fraternal organizations in Cranston and Providence, R.I. He married Geneva Hamilton, also a graduate of the University of Maine, in 1904, and they had three children. Frank Bowerman died December 21, 1951.
1 document box (6 folders)
Language of Materials
A small collection of personal papers of Frank H. Bowerman, including photograph albums and correspondence.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Beta Theta Pi. Beta Eta Chapter (University of Maine) -- History
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greek letter societies -- Maine -- Orono Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Stevens, James Stacy, 1864-1940
- University of Maine -- Photographs
- University of Maine
- University of Maine -- Students
- University of Maine. Class of 1900
- Guide to the Frank Harvey Bowerman Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note